July 19, 2019
Share/print this jobapply now
Job Description: Maintenance Mechanic
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell, and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Install, repair and maintain machinery and equipment specific to the operations, in accordance with blue prints, schematic drawings, operations manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications. Diagnose malfunctions in production machinery and equipment. Services, repairs and replaces defective parts. Lubricates machinery and performs other routine maintenance on production machinery.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Repairs and maintains, in accordance with diagrams, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications, plant machinery and mechanical equipment specific to the operation.
• Analyzes and diagnoses production machinery and equipment malfunctions; services, repairs and replaces defective parts using hand tools and power tools and starts machines/equipment to test their performance.
• Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by operating and repairing equipment in a safe and efficient manner to minimize risk to personnel and damage to equipment and inventory.
• Maintains sanitary conditions while performing work.
• Calibrates and makes adjustments on production machinery and equipment to improve operational capabilities using hand tools.
• Provides technical assistance to the production department in set-up and changeover of production equipment.
• Performs preventive maintenance on machinery and equipment and documents tasks performed in preventive maintenance records.
• Identifies ways to improve production methods by observing work processes and working with line personnel.
• Modifies machinery and equipment as directed by Engineering Department to improve functional performance.
• Rebuilds and installs functional parts of production machinery.
• Collaborates with outside vendors to enhance in-house maintenance capabilities.
• Confers with and assists Engineering Department in implementation and modification of maintenance programs.
• Maintains and services the external components of the dust collection system.
• Performs other duties as assigned – not an essential function.
Education and Training:
• Possess high school diploma or GED.
• Must obtain forklift certification within 60 days after starting job.
• Prior industrial maintenance experience helpful.
• Individual must pass required maintenance testing and demonstrate hands on ability and or knowledge in Prior industrial maintenance experience preferred.
• The following areas: hydraulics, pneumatics, welding, power transmissions, lubrication, pumps, pipe rigging, mechanical maintenance, operation of shop machines, use of work-related tools, combustion, motors, schematics and print reading, basic AC and DC theory.
• On-site training specific to job responsibilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity: B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.