July 17, 2019
Director, Quality Assurance
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: The Director of Quality Assurance responsibilities’ include all Food Safety and Product Quality strategies, by monitoring and reviewing programs within the Operation that will ensure the production of safe food and standardize Quality programs across all B&G Foods bands. To oversee all Quality and Compliance functions across multiple manufacturing facilities. The individual must be capable of skillfully managing cross-functional teams with expertise across a wide range of product categories. The individual will stay abreast of changes in the regulatory environment and implement necessary modifications to ensure compliance. The role of this position will serve to protect B&G Food’s brands by verifying and fostering food safety, product quality and regulatory compliance. Position reports to the Chief Supply Chain Officer.
· Ensure there are product quality programs in place to guarantee food safety and product quality, which will include an effective updated program at all company owned facilities and co-packer facilities.
· Update Plant Food Safety Plans from HACCP- based to FSMA’s HARPC compliance. This includes conducting hazard analysis, identifying and developing CCP,s Process Preventive Controls and Prerequisite programs
· Monitor the Quality Supply Chain program to assess supplier’s risks and identify the necessary verification activities.
· Provide quality leadership, management and direction to Quality Assurance staff team members.
· Partner closely across the organization to develop appropriate strategies and objectives that drive continuous improvement in food safety, product quality and regulatory compliance.
· Take effective action to achieve, maintain and improve product quality, food safety programs and regulatory control programs.
· Oversee Quality Assurance functions as well as providing leadership to build cross-functional processes from concept to commercialization.
· Provide quality engineering input during the product design, review and approval process.
· Ensure all inspection and testing, as part of product acceptance performed on behave of B&G Foods, comply with internal control procedures and external quality systems, regulation and standards.
· Lead risk management activities throughout the product life cycle, including new product development and post production management.
· Possess an excellent understanding of FDA, USDA and labeling legislation.
· Possess complete understanding of FSMA rulings and ensure prompt implementation.
· Enforce document investigation; such as audits, product complaints, discrepancies in production and processes.
Experience, Skills, Education:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Food Technology, Food Science, Food Engineering, or Microbiology required. Master’s Degree preferred.
· Ten (+) years of experience in Quality Assurance and Food Safety in a manufacturing environment including an understanding of food science, microbiology and customer packaged goods.
· Quality Assurance in relevant roles of increasing responsibility a must.
· Demonstrated successful experience in leading multidisciplinary teams in executing leading edge food safety and product quality projects.
· Proven strong leadership and management skills required.
· Exceptional energy and passion for Quality Assurance and Regulatory affairs.
· A proven track record of taking projects from start-up mode to successful commercialization.
· Unquestionable integrity
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.