July 11, 2019
Supply Chain Customer Service Representative
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: Reporting to the Director of Customer Service and support from the Supply Chain team , the Customer Service Representative will act as a key liaison with the customer, sales and supply chain departments to develop professional, long term relationships through accurate and timely and accurate order management, process improvement and short and long term problem resolution driving transactional excellence.
- Accurately process, audit and manage customer orders in JDE (including availability, compliance and timeliness).
- Follow-up on all stock shortages, order shipping, customer specific requirements and miscellaneous issues that relate to the accurate and timely shipment of all orders.
- Be the primary point of contact, with customers, to answer questions/resolve discrepancies regarding stock, availability, shortages, timing of shipments and company policies regarding minimum order size, back orders etc.
- Build a relationship with key replenishment buyers at Retailers.
- Work closely with Supply Chain on the efficient and timely delivery of all orders.
- Perform necessary analysis to improve ordering practices and overall efficiency, both in order management and the entire supply chain.
- Make and implement recommendations to optimize current policies and procedures.
- Complete required reporting on a timely basis.
- Assist with audit and clearing of customer non-compliance charges for assigned customers.
- Manage all Return Authorizations while following company approval guidelines.
- Complete special projects as requested.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain discipline, with a strong desire for continued learning required.
- 1-3 years of relevant Supply Chain experience required, food manufacturing Supply Chain Internship experience considered in lieu of years of experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer and data management skills- including Microsoft Excel, and JDE/Oracle/SAP.
- Excellent analytic, problem solving, prioritization, & organization skills with the ability to manage multiple competing projects.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service orientation a must.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a small team environment to solve problems and resolve issues.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.