June 25, 2019
Obsolete Inventory Analyst
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Responsible for the end-to-end process of obsolete inventory management. Work collaboratively with Planning, Operations, Marketing and Sales to identify, compile and publish slow moving, obsolete and excess inventory for liquidation and other actionable dispositions. The end goal is proactively driving category reduction, improved customer service and inventory accuracy. Develop and publish analytical data summaries outlining fiscal period results, impact and progress.
· Through collaboration with Supply, Inventory and Operations teams, identify, compile & execute the timely reporting and management of obsolete, excess and discontinued inventory for liquidation sale or other disposition. Work closely with Sales and Customer Service on liquidation sales to ensure timely action is taken and correct transactions are applied to maintain inventory accuracy.
· In partnership with Supply and Demand Planners, proactively identify future O&D risk through inventory and forecast analysis, mitigating loss through opportunities and recommendations.
· Analyze, track, and prepare materials regularly, for reporting to upper management (i.e. data summaries/dashboards).
· Ensure completion and closure of actionable dispositions with all applicable sites, systems and forms.
· Coordinate & manage projects (as it relates to direct and indirect areas of focus) with distribution centers and other cross-functional teams, to meet order deadlines or actionable dispositions and maintain appropriate inventory accuracy.
· Identify and implement O&D Reduction initiatives and continuous improvement ideas. Recommend strategies and corrective action plans for category reduction, mitigate loss and drive results.
Experience, Skills, Education:
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Minimum 1-3 years previous inventory and/or supply planning experience required
· Previous experience managing obsolete inventory is preferred
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
· Previous experience utilizing an ERP system is required (JDE preferred)
· Capable of detailed analytics leveraging data from across the supply chain and multiple systems
· Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with accuracy
· Strong project management skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.