June 20, 2019
Share/print this jobapply now
Job Description: Quality Assurance Supervisor
Company Description: Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: Supports the Food Safety and Quality Control programs, processes and procedures to ensure products meet or exceed customer requirements. Provides support to operations in addressing food safety and quality issues as necessary.
• Maintain and update formula and pectin systems for each manufacturing line. Calculate and print daily formulas and pectin sheets. Approve and sign the daily formulas. Determine fruit concentrate blend ratio for use in production. Maintain and update the fruit, ingredient and product lists in the schedule/formula system. Calculate new formulas and supervise production of test kettles.
• Supervises QC Technicians at the Roseland plant and provides back up support for absences and specific duties.
• Supports Food Safety Programs. Recommends improvements and works with the manufacturing departments on improvements.
• Writes appropriate SOPs with approval by Quality Manager. Verifies and validates SOPs.
• Communicates with vendors on quality related issues. Audits processing records to comply with Food Safety and Quality standards.
• Completes special projects as directed by Quality Manager.
• Responsible for environmental monitoring and recommending improvement to the program. Manages the plant Kosher programs and activities.
• Responsible for reporting any and all food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action. Assists with any corrective actions.
• Participates in regulatory, customer, third party and internal audits.
Experience, Education, Skills:
• Individual must have 3 to 5 years Plant Quality Experience
• Bachelor's Degree - Microbiology, Food Science or related field.
• HACCP Certification
• SQF Practitioner (obtained within 6-9 months)
• Experienced with FDA, USDA and other government regulations
• Possess good leadership capabilities to lead projects to a successful completion
• Possess excellent analytical abilities and capable of grasping key points from complicated issues
• Possess excellent written communication, and present numerical data effectively
Equal Employment Opportunity: B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see