May 29, 2019
Project Engineer II
Share/print this jobapply now
Job Description: Project Engineer II
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
The role of the Project Engineer II is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Engineer II will develop the project’s objectives and assist with project lifecycle management. Performs engineering studies as directed and assists various departments with engineering and maintenance related problems.
- Leads problem identification, definition, analysis, solution generation, and solution implementation.
- Actively identifies opportunities, develops alternatives, and recommends improvements to business processes.
- Develops full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Drafts and submits budget proposals, and recommends subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential crises, and devises contingency plans.
- Sets and continually manages project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Participates in a collaborative work environment with Engineers, Technicians, and Supervisors.
- Conducts project post mortems and creates a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- University degree or college diploma in the field of engineering (4 year).
- 4-7 years direct work experience in a project management capacity or engineering field.
- Total minimum years experience: 5 to 7 years
- Functional experience in use of AutoCAD, Inventor, or Solid Works.
- Functional experience in use of Rockwell Automation software and control products.
- Functional experience in use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and MS Project.
- Knowledge of Database structures is a plus.
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Project Management skills for overall project success delivery.
- Communications skills in explaining objectives and guiding others to task completion.
- Cost Consciousness in managing project budgets.
- Mathematical Skills in reducing risks and improving accuracies. Innovation in improving operations.
- Ability to reporting all food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action and follow GMP.
Working Conditions and PHysical Demands:
Job often requires confined sitting, climbing, crouching kneeling, finger/hand dexterity, standing and walking.
Overtime may be required in meet project deadlines.
Some travel may be required for project research, training, etc.
Ability to communicate via speaking, listening and visual means.
Ability to give verbal direction and negotiate.
Ability to use visual means to convey drawings and specifications of work task.
Ability to use analytical skills to determine the correct course of action.
Ability to leverage math skills to reduce risk and manage budget accuracies.
Ability to manage several projects at the same time.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see