May 24, 2019
Associate Brand Manager
Share/print this jobapply now
B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE: BGS) and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute a diversified portfolio of high-quality, branded shelf-stable foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods’ products are marketed under many recognized brands such as Green Giant, Ortega, Maple Grove Farms of Vermont, Mrs. Dash, and Cream of Wheat. At B&G Foods, we pride ourselves in delivering best in class brands and believe that recruiting people of the highest caliber is essential to our sustained growth and long-term success. If you are looking to join a best in class organization, then this opportunity is for you. Get to know our family…join our family.
Job Description: The Associate Brand Manager (ABM) is responsible for executing the day-to-day marketing and general management duties including brand planning, consumer/customer marketing, forecasting, sales analyses and budget management. The ABM will also work with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute consumer/customer programs including new product development, packaging, and consumer/customer focused marketing/advertising activities. The Associate Brand Manager will have direct responsibility for assigned brand including delivering against established sales and profit targets.
· Deliver against brand’s net sales, profit and EBITDA targets. Own the P&L and manage the inputs and changes that affect the P&L.
· Own the business analytics, forecasting, budgeting, and planning functions especially in regard to the Annual Brand Planning process and the longer term strategic plans.
· Lead cross functional teams for various brand projects and initiatives, including new product development, packaging changes, production modifications and cost-saving actions.
· Develop consumer and brand marketing strategies and tactics that lead to integrated marketing programs including execution of such activities.
· Develop insights and opportunities from all stakeholders and analyses that can be used to create business propositions and merchandising opportunities with customers, channels, and/or consumers. Be the subject matter expert and provide analytics and marketing/consumer/category expertise to category/line reviews and inquiries.
· Collaborate with sales to develop customer/shopper marketing programs that drive sales and merchandising, including execution of parts of such activities.
· Special projects as assigned by management
· Ability to travel with overnight stays approximately 15%-20% of the time
· The role may expand or change based on organizational requirements and/or acquisitions
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing, Management or Economics. MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of marketing experience in consumer products, preferably food
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and Syndicated data
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude to manage a brand portfolio that is complex, competitive and continuously evolving
- Strong business acumen and strong knowledge of the food/CPG industry and retail landscape
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a face-paced, changing, limited resource environment
- Experience improving profitability via P&L management and adding value with financial analyses
- Demonstrates leadership skills, learning agility, problem solving, organizational savvy and business analysis
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail and the ability to get results through others who are not direct reports
- Strategic and creative thinking with strong communications skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion to make a difference
- Intellectual curiosity essential
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret Nielsen/IRI data to make sound business recommendations
- Aptitude to work independently and collaboratively within a team
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.