May 23, 2019
Corporate Account Manager
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
The Corporate Account Manager will report directly to the Sr. Director of Foodservice. Lead in the implementation and consistent refinement of the collaborative go to market strategy for B&G Foods and strategic National / Regional Distributor Headquarter groups for approximately $1ooM in revenue. This individual will communicate field sales strategy & execution of B&G Foods categories with our direct sales team and broker partners to achieve all strategy & performance objectives. Directing and overseeing the effective activities and key operator tactics to support execution of the business plan is essential. Clearly communicates strategies, objectives, and performance results to all key internal and external stakeholders.
· Lead and provides direction to both B&G Foods direct sales team and broker sales organizations to ensure alignment of key business imperatives and execution tactics and plans.
· Executes long term growth strategy across all B&G Foods product categories
· Engage internal / external resources needed to drive new opportunities and maintain current scope of business
· Ensure proper planning and communication of execution plans to execute launch of new initiatives and product offerings.
· Facilitates and negotiates all Request for Proposals (RFP’s).
· Continues to refine how B&G Foods can differentiate themselves & stay ahead of the trends in the marketplace with best in class selling tools, resources, and initiatives.
· Responsible for planning and prioritizing customer initiatives for execution and coordination with Regional Sales managers and broker.
· Implements the Corporate Performance Scorecard aligned to B&G Foods strategic business imperatives and objectives.
· Gain multi-level and multi-functional account penetration within all assigned Distributor Headquarter groups.
· Conduct quarterly business reviews providing insights to performance drivers and issues with recommendations and next steps for improvements and execution.
· Negotiate field based sales trade strategies and marketing programs.
· Provide competitive market intelligence and feedback on products categories.
· Maintain clear communication with Sales Operations regarding opportunities and challenges within customers.
· Maximize sales margins by monitoring/assisting with A/R, credit issues, deductions, samples, etc.
Experience, Skills, Education:
· Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
· 10+ years of relevant sales experience required within a similar industry.
· Individual must have minimum 5 years of food service experience.
· Experience should include national account responsibility, cross functional Leadership and broker management experience.
· Financial Acumen and P&L Knowledge a must.
· Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
· Strong influencing and communication skills with high level leaders.
· Proficient organizational, planning, negotiating and problem solving skills.
· Demonstrated analytical skills to understand trends and make recommendations.
· Strong technical skills such as Microsoft suite: Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
· Exceptional Financial and Business Acumen.
· Excellent understanding of portfolio of brands.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see