May 17, 2019
FP&A Manager for Operations
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Job Description: The primary role of the Finance Manager, FP&A - Operations is to provide decision support, financial expertise, and strategic insight to the Operations Leadership Team. This role will play an active role in the development of annual plans, monitoring performance against key performance indicators, cost management initiatives, and Financial Reporting and Analysis. This person is expected to deliver timely / relevant management reports / insight to key decision makers, integrating key financial and non-financial performance indicators.
· Provide financial expertise to the Operations Team.
· Partner with the EVP Operations and EVP Supply Chain along with Operation leadership to create annual operations plans and forecasting process, ensuring alignment with the company's short and long term goals.
· Monitor performance versus the annual budget and rolling quarterly forecast; provide variance analysis and identify opportunities and required corrective actions.
· Monitor, analysis and report on performance against the established KPIs.
· Provide comprehensive financial analysis for strategic decisions involving operation projects and cost savings initiatives.
· Partner with Cost Accounting and Plant Managers to ensure strong understanding of operational cost drivers and identify opportunities for improvement.
· Interface with internal and external stakeholders to identify critical requirements and provide timely information to support robust decision making.
· Ad hoc analysis to support various Operations and FP&A initiatives.
· Involvement in various special projects supporting Operations and FP&A organizations.
· Develop KPIs that are critical to meeting established Operations objectives and monitor business unit/functional performance against the established KPIs.
· Play key role in the S&OP process.
Experience, Skills, Education:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required, MBA preferred
· 5 – 7 years of cumulative Supply Chain / Operations Finance and /or Financial Planning and Analysis experience with well-known and respected CPG companies required
· Strong financial analysis experience within the food and consumer packaged goods industries, specifically dealing with shelf stable food products, along with snacks and frozen foods
· Ability to analyze data and situations and assess critical issues, and lead others to appropriate action
· Ability to manage multiple, and at times competing priorities, balancing aggressive objectives against short-term operational profit and cash requirements
· Strong business acumen
· Hands on, goal oriented, performance driven
· High level of personal and professional integrity
· Strong verbal and written communication skills; Frequent interaction with experienced senior leaders - must be able to express ideas clearly and gain support
· Time Management skillset to create sufficient time/space to contribute to ad hoc requests and participate in significant cross-category and/or cross-functional initiatives
· Must be detailed oriented with strong organizational, team building, project management, and analytical skills
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.