May 29, 2019
Share/print this jobapply now
• Dismantle machines and remove parts for repair.
• Inspect or test damaged machine parts, and mark defective areas or advise supervisors of repair needs – troubleshooting.
• Install, replace, or change machine parts and attachments, according to production specifications.
• Lubricate or apply adhesives or other materials to machines, machine parts, or other equipment, according to specified procedures.
• Reassemble machines after the completion of repair or maintenance work.
• Start machines and observe mechanical operation to determine efficiency and to detect problems.
• Complete assigned Work Orders and document accordingly. Return to Planner for closure.
• Collaborate with other workers to repair or move machines, machine parts, or equipment.
• Perform duties while working safely – awareness/identification of hazards, ensuring proper PPE is worn, maintaining a clutter free work area, following safety procedures and polices (ex. LO/TO, Confined Space, Right To Know, Fall Protection, etc.)
• Report unsafe acts and unsafe working conditions to supervision/management.
• Ensure food safety/quality polices are followed, to report all food safety/quality problems out of his/her realm of responsibility to personnel with the authority to initiate action.
• Ensure a good safe wholesome product is produced safely.
• All other duties are required.Education/Skills/Abilities/Experience:
• Must be able to weld (MIG, TIG, ARC & Oxy/acetylene and SS fabrication
• Must be able to operate forklift and aerial lifts (genie boom, scissors lift)
• Knowledge of CMMS, RCM & scheduling heuristics
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair.
• Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
• 3-year minimum maintenance experience, preferably industrial or manufacturing experience.
• Knowledge of mechanical systems to include chain and gear drives, gear boxes, pnematics, and hydraulics.
• Knowledge of 3 phase electrical systems and pneumatic systems.Physical Requirements:
• Walking/Standing – 90%, Sitting – 10%; Climbing as needed.
• Pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying – up to 50 lbs. if an accommodation is necessary please notify Human Resources in advance of interview.
• Overhead work as needed.
• Work involves stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, and grasping. Ability to substantially move wrists, hands, and/or fingers for purpose of adjusting machine parts and computer operations.
• Must be flexible to work hours outside of regular schedule as needed.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Outlook); A plus.
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE: BGS) and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With our diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including B&G, B&M, Back to Nature, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and our brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.