May 16, 2019
3rd Shift: Maintenance Technician
Share/print this jobapply now
About B&G Foods, Inc.
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.Job Description:
• This position is a 3rd Shift position. 5/2 schedule; 11p-7a
• Self-motivated, hands-on, equipment maintenance technician who can plan and implement installation, modification, and repair equipment.
• Ensures operation of machinery and electrical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Locates sources of problems by observing electrical devices in operation; using measuring and testing instruments.
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
• Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
• Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
• Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
• Prepares mechanical maintenance reports & work orders by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with safety procedures, rules, regulations & GMPs for facilityExperience, Skills, & Education
• Minimum of 3-5 years of General Maintenance Experience in a Commercial Environment is Required
• Experience with PLC’s is Preferred
• Demonstrated Organizational Skills
• Good Math Skills
• Knowledge about AC/DC Drives
• Certified in Lockout/Tagout Procedures
• Reading/Comprehension Abilities
• Ability to Work Independently
• Ability to Identify Problems and Respond Accordingly
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.