March 06, 2019
Operations Support Manager/Commercialization Lead
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
This position that will drive commercialization excellence throughout the organization, to include execution of commercialization projects for the category assigned and commercialization process ownership/improvement. Scope of work includes new product launch, sourcing changes, and major changes to product and/or packaging. Business team operations support is also expected of this role. The incumbent will serve as the main point of contact to their category (Green Giant, Meals/Better for You Snacks, and Spices/condiments) and the gatekeeper to channel resources accordingly for day to day issues. Participates in the sourcing decision to support Operations leadership in make vs. buy decision, particularly by defining scope/project requirements to the internal and contract manufacturing sites that are part of the bid set. Acquisitions integration project leadership could also be within scope.
Project management of assigned projects not limited to, but including:
· Lead key projects to include team meetings, timeline management (either on their own or be effectively delegating to team members), contingency planning/risk management, status updates and escalation, and post project assessments. Own the project schedule from kick off to execution.
· Drive projects through stage gate phases (idea, scoping, development, launch). Escalate issues accordingly.
· Manage the innovation and change management program for their assigned category to include overall delivery of the program (collection of all projects within the category), management of scope changes, communication of feasibility, resource requirements, etc.
· Manage, mentor, train and coach cross-functional teams and model effective commercialization. Use appropriate project management program/toolkit and train organization as needed to increase effectiveness in this area.
· Drive resolution of barriers as needed and implement systematic improvements. For example, if common hurdles surface that inhibit project success, such as multiple delays with
graphics approvals, drive process improvements to enable overall success of commercialization.
· Support development of project reporting dashboard to communicate status of projects and programs.
· Gatekeeper and leader to address day to day issues for the category to include allocating resources to get others to address specific issues outside of the operations area (for example, by assigning quality issues to the quality team), then driving for resolution.
· Lead integration projects if needed.
· Participate in site sourcing decision. Support make vs. buy analysis.
Experience, Skills, Education:
· Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
· Project Management Certification a plus
· 7-10 years of previous relevant experience, within a Consumer Packaged Goods environment, required
· Strong collaborative/influence management orientation required
· Cross functional team leadership experience preferred
· Strong organizing, project management, planning and contingency planning skillset desired
· Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
· Highly self-motivated with a passion for team building.
· Detail oriented, analytical and extremely organized.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.