March 15, 2019
Share/print this jobapply now
The Ortega Plant in Stoughton, WI is looking for a Cost Accountant who will be responsible for the various cost accounting and related functions associated with cost of goods sold, variances and inventories, as well as assisting with month end general ledger close, all cost reports and other activities as assigned. In addition, the Cost Accountant will actively apply accounting expertise in the support of functional department needs, financial accounting requirements, and performance reporting.
- Attend production meetings, review manufacturing orders and reconciliation of all production and inventory movement.
- Assist the Controller in performing cost accounting and financial analyses, work to develop new and improve existing reporting capabilities – i.e. scrap.
- Support factory team in projects and management of plant by helping to determine, analyze and report costs of business projects products and record results.
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly, and annual inventory cycle counts. Assist with mid-year & year-end physical inventories and reconciliations.
- Tracking Capital projects and cost savings / continuous improvement program. Maintain contracts for services & renewals for the plant.
- Department liaison for future System’s migration onto JDE
- Month-end / Year-end close with JEs and GL account reconciliations and analysis as required.
- Help update standard and actual costs in the bill of materials.
- Backup A/P & Payroll.
- Ensure proper controls and procedures are adhered to, all Sarbanes-Oxley controls are correctly performed along with promoting following, and Food Safety and Quality standards. Other tasks as assigned by the Plant Manager/Controller.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Bachelor's degree preferred with 2-4 years’ experience Cost Accounting/Financial Analysis in a manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical abilities and organization required – including exceptional attention to detail and an aptitude to manage several reporting package deadlines at once.
- Preferred - Demonstrated experience with ERP systems software (JDE preferred).
- Microsoft excel experience required (pivot tables, vlookup’s/hlookups, sumifs, graphs/charts).
- Advanced analytical skills, exceptional problem solving abilities, a high degree of intellectual curiosity and the capacity to engage with others in addressing business issues.
- Inclination for straight forward communication, direct feedback and a strong group work ethic.
- A good listener with excellent interpersonal qualities and a natural, effective consultative style. Someone who is sought out for their opinions and counsel and who can forge and maintain close relationships, both internally and externally.
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With B&G Foods’ diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including Back to Nature, B&G, B&M, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, SnackWell’s, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and its brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.