February 05, 2019
Quality Assurance Manager
Share/print this jobapply now
Job Description: Quality Assurance Manager
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE: BGS) and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With our diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including B&G, B&M, Back to Nature, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and our brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
The role of the Quality Assurance Manager is to establish, implement and maintain the measures and systems to assure that all raw materials and finished goods meet specification standards, customer expectations and regulatory requirements.
• Develop/define quality management SOP’s, policies and related systems such as HACCP program, SSOP, GMP and other Quality Assurance programs. Interact with
production management to ensure existing standards of production are satisfactory and follow food safety regulations, and that all manufactured products are of the
• Review existing SQF plan. Provide updates and revisions as needed and communicate any changes to staff and other personnel. Advise plant personnel on food
quality, specifications, formula and process.
• Develop in-process product quality checks to assure consistency and product integrity. Ensure that all procedures conform to health and safety regulations and that
all products manufactured are free from flaws or errors and are of the highest quality.
• Identify customer based continuous improvement opportunities and provide recommendations. Provide monthly consumer complaint review and trending.
• Provide oversight and direction to staff, which includes QA and Sanitation staff. Coach, mentor, develop, and evaluate staff. Foster a spirit of teamwork among
• Responsible to ensure food safety/quality polices are followed, to report all food safety/quality problems out of his/her realm of responsibility to personnel with the
authority to initiate action.
• Investigate and address customer quality complaints; Develop action plan to mitigate any future issues.
• Act as liaison with regulatory agencies. Prepare compliance reports for senior management; file compliance reports with requesting regulatory agencies.
• Lead or participate in projects or activities that modify or improve Quality and Regulatory compliance.
• Stay abreast of the latest advances in the development, quality improvement, and relevant regulatory changes. Evaluate opportunities and/or potential impact
and pro-actively make any necessary adjustments.
Experience, Skills, Education:
• Minimum of five years of Quality Management in food industry
• Developed knowledge of acidified foods and the principles of handling and preservation
• Demonstrated ‘Hands-On” management experience.
• Experience in the development of new processes and formulas within the food industry
• Project management skills
• Strong working technical skills and knowledge of laboratory testing equipment, test methods and a thorough understanding of regulatory requirements.
• Bachelor Degree – Food Technology, Food Science, Chemistry or Biology;
• SQF Practitioner, HACCP and PCQI Certification Required
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national