July 23, 2019
Mechanic- 2nd Shift
Share/print this jobapply now
We are looking to hire maintenance mechanics on 2nd shift for our manufacturing facility in Stoughton, WI who will be responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining machinery and equipment specific to the operations, in accordance with blue prints, schematic drawings, operations manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications. Diagnosing malfunctions in production machinery and equipment and servicing, repairing and replacing defective parts.
- Repairs and maintains, in accordance with diagrams, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications, plant machinery and mechanical equipment specific to the operation.
- Analyzes and diagnoses production machinery and equipment malfunctions; services, repairs and replaces defective parts using hand tools and power tools and starts machines/equipment to test their performance.
- Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by operating and repairing equipment in a safe and efficient manner to minimize risk to personnel and damage to equipment and inventory.
- Maintains sanitary conditions while performing work.
- Calibrates and makes adjustments on production machinery and equipment to improve operational capabilities using hand tools.
- Provides technical assistance to the production department in set-up and changeover of production equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance on machinery and equipment and documents tasks performed in preventive maintenance records.
- Identifies ways to improve production methods by observing work processes and working with line personnel.
- Modifies machinery and equipment as directed to improve functional performance.
- Rebuilds and installs functional parts of production machinery.
- Performs other duties as assigned – not an essential function
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Possess high school diploma or GED. Industrial Maintenance Technician Program diploma preferred.
- Must obtain forklift certification within 60 days after starting job.
- Prior industrial maintenance experience helpful.
- Individual must pass required maintenance testing and demonstrate hands on ability and or knowledge in the following areas: hydraulics, pneumatics, welding, power transmissions, lubrication, pumps, pipe rigging, mechanical maintenance, operation of shop machines, use of work-related tools, combustion, motors, schematics and print reading, basic AC and DC theory.
- On-site training specific to job responsibilities.
- Mechanical aptitude, including a basic understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical and piping systems and the ability to identify and understand mechanical components and their relationship in a mechanism in order to make repairs or improvements.
- Knowledge of various machines, their operation and parts; and skill in using work-related tools including their design, benefits, repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety rules and precautions of various mechanical/electrical systems.
- Performs math operations to solve work-related problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems associated with work processes by applying job specific knowledge.
- Ability to read and understand various set up/operational diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and manufacturing specifications as it relates to plant machinery and equipment.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work as a productive member of a team.
- Ability to organize and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE: BGS) and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With our diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including B&G, B&M, Back to Nature, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and our brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about
your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.