January 25, 2019
Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE: BGS) and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With our diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including B&G, B&M, Back to Nature, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Polaner, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and our brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Facilitates overall site direction ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. Facilitates and assists in the identification, evaluation and control of safety and environmental risks in the plant. Assists and/or facilitates skills building and training of plant leadership and employees.
• Facilitates management of risk management programs; assists in the development and review of plant programs and procedures to assure accuracy and consistency.
• Ensures the annual training schedule is established and monitors completion of safety training through documentation. Obtains safety training materials and develops various safety training programs.
• Assists in the tracking of key performance indicators and deliverables providing direction and support to the site. Assists in the review of capital and EHS related projects. Develops, facilitates and executes skills building programs.
• Establishes and guides the plant Safety Committee to facilitate the implementation of pertinent policies and procedures for the assigned operations. Ensures the Committee is involved in Job Safety Analyses, the behavior observation process, and other hands-on activities
• Consistently monitors and reports on progress of HSE plan to stakeholders. Presents reports defining progress, opportunities, and potential solutions. Assists in auditing plant status and progress and case management.
• Compiles plant communication to meet corporate reporting requirements. Maintains central repository for site safety related documentation. Reviews required regulatory reports prior to submission.
• Facilitates industrial hygiene monitoring for the facilities.
• Establishes safety and health programs.
• Performs other tasks assigned, not limited to:
Shall be an SQF Practitioner
Shall report any and all food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
Up to 20% travel
Shall be responsible for enforcing cGMP’s.Experience, Skills, Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• A minimum of 3+ years working in a similar role within a manufacturing facility required
• SQF Practitioner certification required
• ASP/CSP certification preferred
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); Proficient in navigating OSHA, EPA and other key EHS regulations/websites
• Ability to problem solve to enable the development and execution of cost effective solutions to minimize/eliminate risk needed.
• Creativity to enable the use of tools, resources, programs, processes and solutions required.
• Presentation skills to enable effective training and communication to all levels of the organization useful for this role.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills to enable the use of multiple communication media (workbooks, presentations, reports, etc.) as needed.
• Change management skills required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see