December 31, 2018
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE: BGS) and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With our diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including B&G, B&M, Back to Nature, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Pirate’s Booty, Polaner, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and our brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
The Sanitation Supervisor is responsible for leading the implementation and execution of the Sanitation Program throughout the manufacturing plant. This position is the technical liaison between the plant, corporate and the sanitation chemical company. This position coordinates requirements for sanitation services to meet the plant production schedule, direct activities of the sanitation team to ensure efficient operations and maintain a positive environment with employees. Directs employees in many phases of Quality Control regarding sanitation of equipment for production to ensure compliance with Company and regulatory standards. Ensure all plant areas are clean and inspected and prepared for Safe Quality Production.
• Participate in the Management Review-Sanitation yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions.
• Provide leadership and training for production personnel to complete production line and facility sanitation as required by the Master Sanitation Schedule, Daily Tasks, Maintenance Work Schedule, and Production Schedule.
• Technical liaison between factory personnel, sanitation chemical supplier, and Quality Assurance.
• Create a safe working environment for personnel working in sanitation, maintain chemical safety procedures and SDS’s, work with chemical supplier to provide chemical handling training, provide leadership in enhancing chemical training beyond what chemical supplier provides, and meet all requirements of B&G Environmental, Health, and Safety program.
• Create a structured, orderly chemical storage and sanitation supply area in the factory.
• Review the effectiveness of the B&G Sanitation Program on an annual basis and provide continuous improvement for the sanitation program at the factory level.
• Ensure compliance with the B&M Master Sanitation Schedule.
• Manage the Internal Cleaning and Sanitation Audit Program to ensure compliance to the Sanitation Program and SQF, FDA and USDA Standards, “Pre-op”.
• Initiate and execute cleaning verification and validation programs to prove effectiveness of Sanitation program.
• Partner with business leaders on implementation of process improvement (Six Sigma / Lean/B&G Continuous Improvement Programs) including leading change initiatives, planning, and facilitation.
• Manage and evaluate the union Sanitation staff including but not limited to performance management and employee development, etc.
• Manage the department’s operating budget.
• Maintain Union labor relations.
• Supervise after normal hour production.
• Work with Maintenance on equipment design for ease of sanitation
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills, Education:
• Degree preferred with some exposure to transportation courses
• 3-5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing/Supervision position preferably in a manufacturing/sanitation environment
• Knowledge in HACCP, Microbiology, Sanitation, chemical Safety, Pest Control and Quality Systems, preferred.
• Understand and comply with government regulations relating to OSHA, FDA, USDA and EPA.
• Must be technically trained to handle chemicals and day to day problem solving
• Good organizational skills and the ability to work within a team environment
• Good Manufacturing Practices and Better Process School. First aid and CPR.
• Computer skills with word processing, database and spreadsheetsEqual Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see