October 08, 2018
Sanitation Lead Hurlock
Share/print this jobapply now
This position will assist in training and orientation of new sanitation employees. Also assist Sanitation Supervisor in ensuring all cleaning and sanitation procedures are followed and documented in accord with company rules, policies and Federal, State and Local laws and regulations. Understand and follow Sanitation Department’s SOPs and Good Manufacturing Practices. This position will serve as backup to Sanitation Supervisor and will promote and maintain a safe working environment for all employees. Position will participate in departmental safety meetings.
- Ensure all production equipment and surrounding areas are clean and sanitary before next day production.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Supervisor.
- Perform post cleaning self-inspections.
- Ensure sanitation equipment is in good operating condition.
- Ensure departmental paperwork is filled out completely and accurately.
- Assist in administering departmental training program.
- Report all unsafe acts or conditions to Sanitation Supervisor immediately.
- Follow all plant safety policies and procedures.
- Notify Sanitation Supervisor immediately of any damage to plant property or sanitation equipment or tools.
- Operate forklift and other aerial equipment as required.
- Other tasks as directed by Sanitation Supervisor.
- Follow and ensure all employees follow all Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Responsible to ensure food safety/quality polices are followed, to report all food safety/quality problems out of his/her realm of responsibility to personnel with the authority to initiate action.
- Responsible to make sure a good safe wholesome product is produced safely.
- All other duties as required.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Able to identify unsafe working conditions.
- Use sound judgment while operating forklift, genie boom, and when working around running equipment.
- Ability to read and write.
- Knowledge of safe chemical use and handling.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to read and comprehend Safety Data Sheets.
- Ability to become LO/TO authorized user
- Three (3) years minimum experience.
- Possess leadership, organizational and time management skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see