October 04, 2018
Share/print this jobapply now
Job Description: Mechanic
B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE: BGS) and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute a diversified portfolio of high-quality, branded shelf-stable foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods’ products are marketed under many recognized brands such as Green Giant, Ortega, Pirate’s Booty, Maple Grove Farms of Vermont, Mrs. Dash, and Cream of Wheat.
At B&G Foods, we pride ourselves in delivering best in class brands and believe that recruiting people of the highest caliber is essential to our sustained growth and long-term success. If you are looking to join a best in class organization, then this opportunity is for you. Get to know our family…join our family.
Candidates must have a three (3) year min. maintenance background in a manufacturing environment and:
- Knowledge of machines & tools, including their designs, uses & repair
- Ability to read & understand information and ideas presented in writing
- Ability to weld (prefer MIG, TIG, ARC & Oxy/acetylene) and SS fabrication
- Knowledge of 3 phase electrical systems and distribution
- Knowledge of boiler operations
- Knowledge of power transmission & pneumatic systems
- Knowledge of mechanical systems to include chain & gear drives, gear boxes, pneumatics & hydraulics
- Knowledge of all aspects of mechanical & electrical safety
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends & respond to emergency calls during the off shifts
A plus if:
- Possess skills in troubleshooting power & control circuits, as well as AC, DC & servo- meters
- Skilled in installing & programming VFD’s, PLC’s and process instrumentation
- Ability to use computer, digital multi-meter, megger, loop calibrator, amp probe & circuit tracer
- Ability to read electrical schematics, incl. ladder logic
All other duties as required.
- Responsible to ensure food safety/quality polices are followed, to report all food safety/quality problems out of his/her realm of responsibility to personnel with the authority to initiate action.
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices
- Work safe and report all unsafe working conditions and/or unsafe acts to supervisor immediately.
- Responsible to make sure a good safe wholesome product is produced safely.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Manufacturing experience
- Forklift and aerial lift experience
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see