October 09, 2018
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE: BGS) and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With our diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including B&G, B&M, Back to Nature, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Pirate’s Booty, Polaner, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and our brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
This position is responsible for purchasing protective packaging items. Experience in food and chemical industry is preferred. Knowledge of tracking steel/metals/glass/plastic market is a plus. In addition, this position requires individual that is familiar to work within a complex organization and cross functional environment. The Procurement Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing assigned packaging sourcing strategies to support commercial requirements and objectives. This individual will work with direct report(s) to manage the execution of these strategies to ensure that B&G Foods obtains the best overall value as well as a reliable and secure supply of these critical materials.
- Collaborate with Business leaders in the development and management of the purchase of protective packaging products.
- Perform market research and feedstock trend analysis / build should cost models / SWOT analysis /Apply six sigma tools to streamline and optimize process
- Drive discussions with business to identify requirements and align on the appropriate strategy, identify potential solution, and make recommendations
- Deliver undisturbed supply of raw materials by having multiple qualified source
- Support new product launch and sourcing effort.
- Responsible for monitoring and developing contracts through negotiations with protective packaging suppliers
- Responsible for contracts negotiations, vendor management, performance and continues improvement of assigned commodities
- Control cost and manage AOP Process
- Drive and track value realization (KPI) in all forms – budget, revenue, working capital, cost reductions, SS elimination, dual sourcing, price pass thru and productivity
- Ensure flawless execution, minimize waste and engaged in SOP process
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- 5-10 years of procurement experience in packaging, chemical or consumer products required
- Microsoft Excel proficiency required
- ERP proficiency required, preferably with JDE or SAP
- Excellent communication skills needed, both written and spoken
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see