September 26, 2018
Customer Sales Manager
Share/print this jobapply now
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE: BGS) and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With our diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including B&G, B&M, Back to Nature, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Pirate’s Booty, Polaner, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and our brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
Drive sales in a direct selling capacity through fact based selling and forming productive customer relationships for medium/large, Tier II accounts. Total annual sales greater than $25mm but less than $50mm. Drive sales in a direct selling capacity through fact based selling and forming productive customer relationships for medium/large, Tier II accounts. Total annual sales greater than $25mm but less than $50mm. Sales responsibility for entire B&G portfolio across assigned Albertsons West Divisions (Southern CA, Northern CA, Portland, Seattle, and Intermountain).
Support the B&G Foods National Team Lead for Albertsons with analysis, project management and overall coordination of retail business. Achievement of sales objectives for assigned divisions and assist Albertsons National Team in pursuit of these grocery retail goals.
- Responsible for selling products directly to retailer, end-user, or distributor within assigned geographic territory, industry, or account.
- Maintain corporate mandated profit contribution levels through effective management of assigned spending budgets.
- Effectively utilize syndicated data to identify opportunities and provide management with post analysis results. Interface with Marketing and Sales Management to identify opportunities and develop regional initiatives.
- Must manage trade spending budget and deliver financial sales responsibility driven by senior leadership team.
- Evaluate current and competitive product’s pricing, promotions and sales strategies for potential business opportunities.
- Collaborate with Customer Inventory Analyst and corporate teams on production forecasting of assigned brands.
- Develop recommendations for displays and other promotional activities to effectively optimize sales growth, using available POS, syndicated and consumer insights data.
- Provide guidance to the retail broker team in determining monthly objectives and assist direct in overall management of the broker team
- Ability to form and build relationships internally with cross functional teams at
various levels and externally with businesses and customer organizations. Can
leverage the knowledge gained from these relationships to develop successful
retail campaigns that align with the company’s core strategies and which
continually deliver results that meet customer expectations.
- Exhibits knowledge of the competitive landscape, including market dynamics and industry trends. Demonstrates an understanding of geographic influences (i.e. culture, economics, political structure).
soliciting client input and also with analyzing financial data to strategize and build a comprehensive business plan according to budget.
- Ability to effectively convey information and comfortably negotiate with customers and
key decision makers in a persuasive manner. Consistently achieves win-win
results benefiting both the customer and our business.
- Possesses the foresight to identify new business opportunities while comfortably managing to upsell brands to current customer base.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in sales or analytics
- Demonstrated analytical skills to understand trends and make recommendations
- Must have a good understanding of syndicated data information sources ie., AC Nielsen or IRI
- Understanding of customer’s co-managed replenishment system
- Thorough understanding of B&G’s portfolio of brands
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency required
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see